We love pumpkin.
We love protein.
We love muffins.
Hooray! We definitely hit the trifecta with today’s recipe - these delightful pumpkin spice protein muffins are 100% naturally-sweetened and taste just like a pumpkin spice latte, but they’re much healthier for you!
Made with oat flour and almond flour, these muffins are suitable for those following a gluten-free diet. As for the protein, we used Greek yogurt, our French Toasted pasture-fed whey protein isolate protein powder, and egg whites to create the fluffiest, best-tasting muffins.
In our opinion, this easy and filling breakfast is the perfect way to start a fall morning. These muffins also make a great pre or post-workout snack. Enjoy!
- 1 cup oat flour (rolled oats ground in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup Inspired French Toasted protein powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium banana (mashed)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place liners in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, French Toasted protein powder, almond flour, pumpkin spice, baking power, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a second bowl, combine mashed banana, pumpkin puree, egg whites, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry mixture and wet mixture together until smooth.
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full, spreading evenly. Bake for 18-20 minutes.