Posted on November 13 2018
While we do love the taste of a good ol' deep fried donut as much as anyone, it's not exactly the healthiest thing to eat on a regular basis.
Enter: baked pronuts. These donuts as packed with protein (hence the name pronuts), so you can enjoy them post-workout or satisfy your late-night sweet tooth without ruining your diet.
We made them in our favorite flavor combination - chocolate peanut butter - which may sound like a major indulgent treat, but it's actually a minor one :)
Well, what are you waiting for? It's time to whip out your donut pan and make these bad boys in under 30 minutes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pronuts
Servings: 9 donuts
Donut (plain) - 75 calories 2g fat, 9g carbs, 7g protein
With chocolate glaze and peanut butter drizzle - 110 calories 3g fat, 12g carbs, 8g protein
- 3/4 cup flour (we used gluten-free oat flour)
- 1 scoop ISO-PF Cake Chocula protein powder
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk*
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp almond milk**
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 2 tbsp. peanut powder
- 3 tbsp. almond milk**
*Substitute with any kind of nut, seed, or rice milk
**Substitute with water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, protein powder, peanut butter powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg. Add Greek yogurt, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla extract and mix until well-combined.
- Pour batter into donut pan about 3/4 full. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer donuts to a cooling rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- When the donuts are almost done cooling, make the chocolate glaze: in a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and almond milk until smooth. Transfer mixture to a shallow bowl (big enough to fit donut).
- For the peanut butter drizzle: in a small bowl, mix peanut butter powder and almond milk together until smooth.
- Dip donuts into chocolate glaze and drizzle with peanut butter mixture.